59 views
Verified Reviewer

This management company is a total joke and will make your life *** from day one. Even before day one.

They lie, they ignore you, they have the worst attitude about helping and literally don't care at all about anyone living in their houses. They weren't even going to let me see the house before I moved in, then didn't have it ready for the lease start date, had to reschedule the move, they didn't tell me the code until the (second) day I was supposed to move (after the time the movers were scheduled), so I had to reschedule that one and didn't get reimbursed for that extra day, they add fees that were not disclosed or discussed onto your lease, they tricked me into paying more than a month's worth of deposits by telling me I had to get the deposit paid that very day, right then if I wanted the house without posting any description, which just happened to be the amount for a month's rent and pet deposit of 500, and then lo and behold, there is still a pet deposit due later. Come to find out they actually counted that entire 2800 as just the security deposit, stating the security deposit is more than a month's rent, PLUS another 500 for pet deposit, PLUS another 60 a month "pet rent" that was never discussed with me or disclosed at any point. They are shady, shady, shady.

And that was just the beginning. I had an AC that was broken for over a month and had to submit multiple requests to get it fixed. It took about 6-7 times of having a tech come out to finally get it fixed about 7 weeks into living here. Dishwasher doesn't work, stinks, and looks gross and I've been handwashing dishes for two months now.

Trash in the yard piled up that no one will come get. And multiple other things. They just cancelled my requests and didn't bother to tell me, then had me repeat all of it to the property manager who said they would address it and didn't, then when I realized they were all just cancelled in the system, I made new ones, then they called wanting me to tell them yet again about every single one after I've already documented, sent pictures, and verbally told multiple people about them for weeks, then when I emailed it all again in detail with pictures, they refused to schedule a time to fix them that is not during my work hours unless I agree to call them even after I told them I am working and have to be in calls all day and gave them my availability via email. They are intentionally rude and difficult and avoid making repairs on purpose.

I've been renting for 23 years and have never experienced any rental company this shady in my whole life. I've been here two months and still have a long list of things I doubt they will ever fix at this point. They have also ignored my several requests for a move in inventory sheet to document all the messed up stuff in the house. They.

Are. The.

Worst. Please save yourself the nightmare of dealing with these disorganized, greedy, dishonest people and don't ever rent a home from them.

User's recommendation: AVOID LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

Preferred solution: everything fixed, better communication, pool key, inventory sheet, rent and deposit set where it was supposed to be, refund on time lost due to them not giving me a key code on my move in date.

American Homes 4 Rent Cons: Dishonest, Disorganized, Poor communication, Difficult to work with, Inconsiderate of your time.

Location: Pflugerville, Texas