Review about American Homes 4 Rent Home Rental from Lackland Air Force Base, Texas

230 of 245 American Homes 4 Rent reviews

I would do anything and everything in your power to find out if this company owns the home you are looking at renting, and please at all cost save yourself before it is to late.You can not mentally, physically, or financially afford to be stuck in a home owned by this company.

And many times it will be hard to find out ah4r is the actual owner, knowing that their reputation is so poor, they will try to hide actual ownership behind other shell companies. I did not choose to move into an ah4r house, but they bought my current residents 9 months through the lease. After 3 months they were more than happy to raise the rent 10% over the previous year. Best part about this entire horror story is the a/c went out just prior to the now ongoing renewal harassment every single day for 2 weeks.

All they are capable of is harassing about renewing a lease on a home that does not even have a working a/c. Corporate and local ah4r can not seem to have any kind of communication on the issue. I put the "mandated" work order in through the bogus corporate hotline 4 days in a row. 2 days after those 4 requests I was "promptly" contacted by a local property manager for American homes for rent.

We now have the 3rd tech visit scheduled next week because they, of course, can not get back to the a/c company with approval for ordering the parts. I was then accused of submitting a subsequent work order, after speaking with the local property manager, and this is the reason for so many delays. The subsequent work order is of course just an out and out lie, fib, fabrication of the truth, whichever you personally feel most comfortable with. My house is still a comfortable 86 degrees this evening.

I have also been lectured for my poor choice of vocabulary associated with my emails replying to the renewal email received every single day 10 days straight. 10 renewal emails, 0 fix the a/c emails. My house is still a comfortable 86 degrees this evening.

If you've taken the time to read all of this I will leave you with please do yourself and your family a favor and avoid an imminent disaster by moving into an ah4r house.Also my house is still a comfortable 86 degrees this evening.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

American Homes 4 Rent Home Rental
Review category
Real Estate
review #702260

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Homes 4 Rent? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
230 of 245 American Homes 4 Rent reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.