198 views
2.7

We were first occupants at this new rental for AH4R in Nov 2016. Within 6 months we had septic lines back up and had the tank pumped and told us and AH4R that the septic lines were backed up and needed to be replaced.

AH4R rejected replacement and told verbally told me, they would pump the tank than replace lines. Every 6 months, we had to have tanks pumped when lines backed up again. Then lines got so bad we had to have tank pumped after 2 months, then every month thereafter until they agreed to replace lines. Took 5 months after they decided to replace lines, before they job was done.

The replaced lines, dug 1/3 of the backyard, complete sideyard and half of the frontyard. Lawn was supposed to be graded, new grass seed and mulch topping. After 3 weeks of no grass, I called company, and was told to wait 6 weeks before grass was to germinate. We had heavy rains, and my property in on an incline.

Called company to tell them, all the mulch topping, and grass seed was washing down the street. No response. Weeks pass, with every rain we have, created erosion problems washing the mud down the front yard covering up the good areas of grass that were previously there. Called the company and submitted photos, and was told the "cracks" in the ground from the pics were because, I didn't water the ground.

You don't water dirt that has no grass seeds! Many calls later, they assign a new vendor to look at putting down sod. Took that vendor 19 days from accepting the order to submitting bid with pics. Took several calls from me, just to get this bid submitted.

Called Ah4R and was told, bid and pics were finally in and supervisor would sign off today. Another week passes, called the vendor to inquire about putting in new sod, and vendor told me AH4R rejected the bid and they closed out the work order as completed. Called again and receiving notice from AH4R that the work order had been completed. Service rep told me that "I had rejected the last vendor", totally false.

Rep said that had paid to have property seeded twice, totally false.

I have been asking for over 6 weeks to have my local property manager to come to property and check things out. Several calls, all having to leave voice messages and not one call has been returned.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Homes 4 Rent Cons: Service, Local management.

Location: 2 Sun Court, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092