143 views
Verified Reviewer

1.6

After taking over a rental property from another family for my brother's college living we have experienced not only the worst customer service and numerous problems with getting things fixed in the house, payments etc.., but American Homes for rent has a lack of human decency.

As many of the other complaints listed above we have experienced repairs not being made or being made in any timely manner, switching of property managers in the one year we rented, and problems with payment. The latest is the fact that they never sent a notice to renew or to vacate prior to the end of the lease.

We were forced to pay another month's rent in which they will not refund due to not having all the renters waive their rights to vacate (which they never sent). They then will be sending a check to all of the lease holders (one check with all of their names even though they live in all parts of the country and Canada). This is only after they calculate the security deposit refund which we all know they will most likely not be giving any refund at all. These are all similar issues listed above and in other reviews of this company.

While it seems as though this company is fraudulent and unethical in their practices the real problem I have with them is their lack of respect or even genuine human decency.

My father passed away in March with his name being the main lease holder on the rental property. The disrespect and unwillingness to help that they have shown my mother and my brother is unbelievable and honestly just cruel. They will barely even speak to my mother because she is not on the lease. The woman, Sabrina told her "she was lucky that she even will speak to her in any capacity." Then this same woman, Sabrina went on to try and give my mother parenting advice saying she was not allowing my brother to be independent and responsible enough.

I am sorry, but these are grieving people and although they are my family members no one deserves to be treated this way. We are not looking for sympathy or any sort of break due to his death, but how about some compassion and kindness. There was not even an I am sorry from this woman. Sabrina also proceeded to lecture my brother about where he should have left the keys after they never sent any sort of procedure for how to vacate the property.

It is disrespectful

to say the least and truly disgusting. While I could go on with many more complaints and choice words, I will leave at this poor customer service is one issue treating people no matter who they are with this amount of disrespect and cruelty is unacceptable and morally wrong.

I will never recommend American Homes 4 Rent to anyone in any capacity. Thank you for your time.

User's recommendation: Do not get involved with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Homes 4 Rent House Leasing.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

American Homes 4 Rent Cons: Ethics, Property manager neglects her duties, Treatment of renters in compromising situation, Handling of fees and payment, Move out policy not given or explained ahead of time.

Comments