!!!PLEASE NEVER RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!I UNDERSTAND SOME OF US ARE JUST HAPPY TO FIND A PLACE.

PLEASE PLEASE FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. ONCE YOU SIGN THAT LEASE THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING ***. UNRESPONSIVE, RUDE AND INCOMPETENT.

THEY WILL TRY TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR EVERY SINGLE REPAIR, EVEN THE ONES THEY ARE BOUND TO FIX IN THE CONTRACT. THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ANYONE. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR RENT AND INCREASE IT FAITHFULLY ALL THIS TIME, THEN SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR WHOLE DEPOSIT WHEN ITS TIME TO GO, AS THEY WANT TO JUST COLLECT MONEY, AND DO NOTHING THAT A LANDLORD IS BOUND TO DO. THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO MAKE THE HOME READY FOR THE NEXT TENANT SO THEY CAN SCAM THE NEXT PERSON WITH AS MUCH EASE AS POSSIBLE.

IF YOU DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING AND CARE FOR THE HOME THEY WILL KEEP YOUR DEPOSIT, OR BETTER YET, FABRICATE DAMAGES "BEYOND NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" (THIS IS THE PLACE THEY PUT THINGS THAT THEY HAVE MADE UP FOR YOU TO OWE THEM), AND CHARGE YOU IN EXCESS OF YOUR DEPOSIT, AND PASS THE FALSE DEBT TO DEBT COLLECTORS OF ILL REPUTE. READ THE THOUSANDS OF REVIEWS, DON'T EVER RENT, OR ALLOW ANYONE YOU KNOW TO RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! THIS COMPANY IS DISGUSTING, UNETHICAL AND I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE DAY IT GOES UNDER. After attempting to contact the Houston office of American Homes for Rent MULTIPLE TIMES to resolve this I am filing this complaint.

As I stated earlier, I have made MULTIPLE calls to the so called Property Manager Billie Sue Vance Regarding the amount of my rental deposit which was withheld from me. I have been an excellent tenant during my occupation of the home in Houston TX. Rent was never late for over 2 years. Rent was arbitrarily increased at each lease end, maintenance requests went unanswered or simply denied, and pushed back on the tenant, although lease clearly stated it was the company's responsibility.

Rudeness met at every turn, from call center service representatives, to the maintenance, to the supremely rude, insensitive, and ineffective Catherine Wallace. Alleged "property manager" Billie Sue Vance NEVER answered MULTIPLE CALLS, NEVER responded to MULTIPLE REQUESTS for information, NEVER called back after MULTIPLE MESSAGES LEFT. The Houston office is full of incompetence. There needs to be a complete purging and investigation into the actions, or lack thereof of this office.

The "District Manager" is non existent, but representatives will still address and send your complaints to him. Nothing gets solved or done, except the timely collection of your rent money. Anyhow, home was surrendered in excellent condition, which was echoed by the home inspector, and it was stated that "home was in excellent condition and there was no reason deposit should not be returned in full." Upon the refund of partial deposit, the withheld funds are listed under "Damages to the property beyond wear and tear." Had there been damages to the property above wear and tear, surely it would have been mentioned during the walk through. It was not.

All requested things were done. A receipt and actual items were present for professional carpet cleaning services, as well as the petty requirements of light bulbs, smoke detector batteries and AC filters. Truly, the purchase of filters was not merited, as upon my own move in, THERE WERE NO FILTERS IN THE VENTS, and none were ever supplied to me, which means I have actually returned the house in a better condition than I received it! $100 withheld for power washing the front porch and some siding on the back of the home??

Does the tenant live outside? Was the grass cut and well maintained? Yes! Where was this listed in the long and ridiculous list of things to do upon move out?

It wasn't. $132 charged for painting. PAINTING. Is this not a usual thing for a landlord to do to prepare for a new tenant?

Possibly. In move out communications with the only reachable employees, the field inspectors, IT WAS SPECIFICALLY STATED TO TOUCH UP PAINT IN THE HOME. I was not given, or left any of the original wall paint. I did go out and purchase the closest matching paint I could find, and did spend a great deal of time touch up painting in the home.

Somehow this COST me an additional $132? PLEASE KNOW I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE THIS HOME READY FOR THE NEXT TENANT. That is the responsibility of the LANDLORD. This company should not buy up thousands of homes and expect tenants to be responsible for them.

Home was returned in excellent condition, all rent was paid on time, and nothing is owed. Please return the remaining amount of the original Deposit.

Home was returned in excellent condition, all rent was paid on time, and nothing is owed.Please return the remaining amount of the original deposit.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer care and service and too many things to list unethical rude incompetent theives. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of home rental. American Homes 4 Rent needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned home rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at American Homes 4 Rent.

Had an Experience with American Homes 4 Rent?

Comments

Dickinson, Texas, United States #1256430

This is happening to me now.Same property manager.

I only got back a little over 300 from a 1595.00 deposit. They charged me twice for rent in the month I moved out.

BSV will never answer a call unless it's corporate calling.I need a lawyer I think.