2.4K views
Resolved

Update by user Dec 03, 2017

As of November 20, 2017, the issues raised in my review of American Homes 4 Rent have been completely resolved to all parties, including my own, satisfaction.I have no further ongoing or outstanding complaints on American Homes 4 Rent at this time, and any lawsuit that would have been pending is also dissolved and dismissed.

I thank the American Homes 4 Rent upper management professionals and staff for getting involved and resolving all of my complaints and issues raised to my complete satisfaction.Thank you again!

Original review posted by user Jul 18, 2017

I leased a large luxury home in Suwanee (Atlanta) Georgia about a year ago.American Homes 4 Rent lied to us on the maintenance standards and condition of the home to get us to lease the property for over $5,000 per month.

The first nearly three months we had no air conditioning as 2 out of the 3 air conditioners were completely broken (outside temperatures then were over 90 degrees) and ultimately required replacing and would not work, as well as the water heater did not work and had to be replaced so no hot water.so no hot water either for nearly 3 months either. After requesting maintenance through their maintenance request website (which I have determined to be a fraudulent system) they put off maintenance and wanted to get bid after bid after bid. I found that many of the vendors will not work with American Homes 4 Rent because they are a shady company and do not properly pay their vendors for the work done and have been blackballed! Then we had severe problems with the roof leaking massive water and reported it..

After many, many months still no-one ever showed up to fix it and now we have a severe BLACK MOLD problem that threatens my familys health. These are just a few of the problems, I have left out most like the severe electrical problems that present a fire hazard and other issues which AH4R has never even had someone come to repair even after numerous requests in writing and verbal. So finding that this company needed to be held accountable, and that I believed they were putting off maintenance in order to fraudulently pad their corporate earnings and obtain lower loan rates, better public offering rates, and increase their corporate bonuses for the insiders I decided to take them to court and also look for the many others who have been defrauded by these corporate slumlords and fraudsters. I have filed a MAJOR FRAUD lawsuit against AMERICAN HOMES 4 RENT in the Gwinnett County Georgia Superior Court this JANUARY 2017.

The lawsuit is now progressing well and may most likely be converted into a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT with a target damages claim of $400 MILLION DOLLARS. I would love to hear your story on how AH4R has defrauded you, and or avoided (and/or delayed) their maintenance obligations. The fraud suit alleges that AH4R is putting off or not doing necessary maintenance on their properties in order to fraudulently manipulate their corporate books and earnings by (eliminating normal maintenance obligations) from their operating books, 8K's and 10K's. This is similar to the SECURITIES FRAUD committed by Bernie Ebbers who was the CEO of MCI WorldCom who is now serving a 25-year Federal Prison sentence!

Please contact me immediately at 202-569-3947 or email me at Law4usa@gmail.com to learn more, participate, and/or share you misfortunes that this slumlord has perpetrated upon you and your family.07-14-2017

Review about: American Homes 4 Rent Property Leasing.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: LAWSUIT SETTLEMENT.

I didn't like: Fraud, Fraudulent activity.

Comments

Here in Fort Worth TX we had a leak in roof and the Ceiling got wet and turned black.Many shingles off the roof and they sent a Mexican guy who spoke no English.

He comes with an open bundle of shingles and a can of tar. He put on the shingles that flew off and the home is 15 years old with original roof. He then comes in with a can of White Spray paint to fix ceiling which was black. He painted over the black and left.

I called and they said it was fine. What a joke and my lease up in March.

I am so out of here after 2 years.Rent goes up and they do nothing.

how does one join the class action suit..?

I am interested in joining the class action lawsuit against American Homes 4 rent.

I e-mailed you a while back and haven't gotten a response.

I am loccated in Nashville, TN renting a luxury home as well.I have filed a lawsuit through my attorney.

I have a BAD black mold issue. It has been 4 months and they will not repair it even after it was recommended by their professionals at Servpro to remedy it. I have a severe mold allergy and now racking up hospital bills.

AH4R needs to go away as a business.Feel free to contact me!

I currently have a water leak that took them a week to come look at.The contractor showed up (1 1/2 late) and cut a huge hole in my kitchen ceiling.

He was not able to determine where the leak was coming from. I then see black mold EVERYWHERE! all in the wooden floor above the kitchen. I took pics.

Contractor proceeds to put a thin plastic tarp up loosely with blue painters tape. It has since fallen off. I copied corporate, property manager and contractor in on an email with pics and explained my son has documented breathing problems and asthma. Nothing yet....

Put in a new work order and got a message saying I have one already open.In the meantime, this mold is directly over my stove and I have a huge hole in my ceiling and a leak.

We have had our A.C.go out twice since we have lived here.

The first time we waited 2 days on someone to call us back with No success before we called my brother in law to fix it. The problem was the A.C. unit was leaking in the attic and electricity was arching in the attic.

On day 3 someone called us to set up a time for someone to come look at it in 4 days.We didn't even call the second time, we just called a company to fix and paid for it.

I'm sorry to say I'm going thru this right now with them I move out in august and them say I owe them utilities charges which I don't I pay my rent and utilities together every month never late and now them deduct $798 out of my security deposit of $1425 I have all my proof that I pay

to Anonymous #1434107

I have a similar issue.I just moved in Jan & rented from them since April 2015.

In the behinning, we had no air for 3-4 months. & leaks that caused a whole in the ceiling that I had to keep calling about. & tjose ate just some of the issues. I actually have emails from the property manager saying when my move out date was, but then I get a letter in the mail saying a different date 5 days later and $376 taken from my deposit.

This is ridiculous. & no one will return my calls.

The property manager is also the district manager!How convenient.

Please I'm in over my head...this company has did me so bad I'm starting a law suit as well...

they're claiming I owe them $3017 and I dnt.... They sent a letter with no explanation of charges and it causing me a hardship and it's on my credit report.... I fell down the stairs do ice build up on my porch from gutters they refuse to clean.... dislocated my shoulder....

repairs are a joke we almost died when air went out and it took 3 days for them to come and fix.... I broke lease and moved... 1 1/2 months left and they kept my deposit... and I owe them nothing....

gave them 30 day notice sent by certified mail and returned keys...they refused to respond or do walk thru....