2.5

**DO NOT RENT** Rented a bi-level home in KY for two years.Overall the home was in good shape, but had some plumbing issues.

In the lower level half bath the toilet constantly backed up and overflowed. Maintenance finally came to fix it after multiple complaints and a charge for $425 was added to my account. I highlighted the area of my lease stating management is responsible for plumbing, and luckily the fee was waived. A few months later, said bathroom started having water leak from the ceiling, which was clearly coming from one of the main floor bathrooms.

It was “fixed” and then the same issue began about a month later. When maintenance finally sent someone new to fix it, he said the previous repair was not done right and water had been leaking behind the walls. The entire bathroom drywall had to be cut out and replaced because of mold growth. This whole process took almost a month to correct.

Dishwasher never drained properly, garage door seemed like it was going to break with every use. Management told me these weren’t “necessities” and I could fix myself if I wanted to have working appliances. While not a necessity, they were included in the rental description and rent so it would be nice to have functioning items. Lease is scheduled to be up this month (January 2018).

I purchased a home at the end of November and moved out before December. December the rent/utilities were still paid, and January would be final month owed. The Conservice utility bill came in January (for December use) and it was HIGHER than normal. Which is impossible because the house has been vacant other than occasional stopping in to clean the property (about 3 hours max) and the thermostat is programmable and was left at 62 degrees, so there’s no possible way it was running consistently enough to match the utility charges.

Them keeping the utilities in their name is just another way to scam you. There was a strong storm back in the fall that had damaged the storm door on the back of the house. I called maintenance to make them aware and was told since the door isn’t technically needed, I could just take it off or fix it myself. Now management is trying to keep my deposit and has the damaged door listed as an item!

I’d advise to never call with any issue, e-mail and save all correspondence. Needless to say, I’m not getting back any of my deposit, just like all the reviews from other people say over bogus charges. The house is already listed for rent again, and there is no possible way proper maintenance issues have been resolved or proper professional cleaning. I cleaned the house well before I left, but I thought it was standard to have any place cleaned and sanitized before renting to new tenants.

The houses may look nice, but there are countless issues and management is terrible.Run as fast as you can!

Review about: American Homes 4 Rent House Rental.

Comments