311 views
Verified Reviewer

3.3

We are very disappointed with American Homes. We lived there 4 years and in the 4 years we were 1 day late with the rent.

on the 2nd day had someone at the door with eviction papers, although we had notified them of our mistake and the payment had already been sent off. they taped the notice on our door for anyone to see. this was embarrassing.

my husband and I feel that, we were robbed, by American Homes. After we had the pre-move out walk through, we followed all but one instruction that we were given, and that was having the carpet cleaned and we knew we would get ding for that and that would be taken out of the security deposited.

The person that from American Homes said that everything was in order. With that we thought we would get not all but most of our deposit back, but we got nothing. The inside and outside was left in good condition, We did leave things on the curb for garbage pick up, not knowing that they did not pick up big item, which was find. American homes charged us for that.(which came out of the security deposit that we did not get back).

My husband and I are not young kids we are up in age and we treated this house as if it was our own. We invested monies into this property by having a screen door put on the front door knowing that we were not planning to living there long and that we would leave it there for the next tented. I am sure American homes did not take it down.

It is very sad that they just took our security deposit. American Homes charged up for regular ware and tear on a home that any home has when you are living in it.

they charged us for a light bulb that my husband had replace they said was out, they charge us for mulch that was out of place that an animal could have dug up easily or the rain could have separated it. During that time we were getting a lot of rain, downpours. they charged us for just petty things. which took our security deposit.

we have called several times and no call back. my advice is to take before and after pictures cause they are not fair.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Homes 4 Rent Pros: Repairs are usually completed pretty timely, House.

Location: 1100 Woodfield Rd #135, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA