338 views
Verified Reviewer

1.3

Crisis brings out the best and worst in people and unfortunately it brought out the worst in AH4R. Ive lived at my rental property for almost a year, always paid my rent on time, tried not to bother anyone with issues and in general been a good tenant.

With COVID-19 our household income disappeared overnight with businesses closing and the stay at home order. We have yet to receive ANY financial assistance for unemployment or stimulus checks so rent was coming out of our savings and basic groceries and necessities had to be put on a credit card. I applied for the Financial Hardship AH4R lists on their website asking for a portion of the rent reduced (said I was able to pay about 90% scrapping my savings together). The program is basically a scam.

I started receiving late payment notifications and reminders to pay the remainder of my rent EVERY 2 HRS! Finally had a representative reach out to me and I figured we could clear things up and I could get some assistance. The call starts out with the rep asking me to tell him my financial situation, what Im asking for, how long I need this for, etc. basic questions right?

However....after giving him the quick run down the rep then proceeds to ask me if I want to move out of the house because they can get someone else in it ASAP. He then proceeds to tell me, sorry about your situation, but we dont have any problem leasing properties and can find someone that can pay the full rent now to take the house so we are not reducing rent, forgiving rent, or doing anything to reduce financial rates during this time. Wow....what is the point of filling out hardship forms, talking through it with a rep if there is absolutely no intention of aid at all?

American Homes 4 Rent had the opportunity to handle this crisis with care and instead are handling it with thinly veiled threats of eviction, poor customer service, and false advertisements of assistance. 0 stars and cant wait till my lease is up.

User's recommendation: RUN AWAY.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Homes 4 Rent House Leasing.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

American Homes 4 Rent Pros: Stay away from this company.

American Homes 4 Rent Cons: Milk for fees, Lack of response to constant repair needs.

Comments