American Homes 4 Rent - Continuing complaint with AH4R until lease ends

125 of 245 American Homes 4 Rent reviews

I have had numerous issues with rental home I rented through AH4R.I rented home which was advertised to have features such as gas fireplace/outside lamp in working order, unfinished basement where I thought I could store items not being used.

Gas lamp/fireplace do not work AH4R expects me to incur the cost of fixing this as the gas utility is in my name a requirement for renting this is not my personal property and will not incur cost of repair that I may or may not get reimbursed. And I say this based upon the fact that I as part of lease pay all utilities on the property however, AH4R has managed to find a charge that is being passed on to me which they call Sewer and I pay sewer with city utility. They refuse to reimburse this and say it is a split charge from the city for sewer leakage that is then passed on to renter. I content that this is not renter issue as renter is paying the sewer charges per city monthly billing.

Basement leaks when it rains causing standing water in basement, reported this and that I would not be happy of stored items would be damaged was told that unfinished basement is a "conditional" space and that I should not store my stuff there - most ppl use unfinished basements as storage area. I can suppose that now I am supposed to rent storage unit in addition to my rent for storage of my items not being used. Conclusion, I am paying rent for 3 unusable items/areas advertised as functioning/usable. AH4R refuses to adjust rent for features not usable or for double sewer charges so, no I will not personally incur charges that I may never see.

There is an infestation of pharaoh ants, carpenter ants/termites, wasps that enter house from a storage off of a bedroom, another bedroom has heavy smoke smell like either prior tenants/owners were heavy smokers in that room or there is a smoldering fire in or around bedroom. I have been told that these are not to be looked at.

Each time that they do authorized someone to come look at issues I have reported I have to lose a minimum of 2 days work with with my profession if I do not work I do not get paid and this can be substantial, this is unacceptable.DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Read comment too many to list
    • Lack of intergrity
    • Poor service
    • Bougus charges and the huge increases to renew
    • Paying rent made difficult with additional new charges

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Product or service
Review category
Real Estate
review #872887 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Homes 4 Rent? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
125 of 245 American Homes 4 Rent reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 28 #1191550

None of the issues I have had with AH4R (American Homes 4 Rent) have been resolved.

0 0 Reply
ruserious2016

Jun 27 #1178469

Addition to experience comment: I complained to Cornelius NC office which is local to where I am as well as the BBB this has prompted the property manager at Cornelius office to lock my online account so I am unable to make my rent payments. So, now I will be penalized with inability to make my rent payments on time until my lease ends which can't come too soon. I have report this to the BBB as well in correspondence to property manager in Cornelius NC office.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to American Homes 4 Rent. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Homes 4 Rent.
Filing a new complaint about
×