American Homes 4 Rent - Continuing complaint with AH4R until lease ends
I have had numerous issues with rental home I rented through AH4R.I rented home which was advertised to have features such as gas fireplace/outside lamp in working order, unfinished basement where I thought I could store items not being used.
Gas lamp/fireplace do not work AH4R expects me to incur the cost of fixing this as the gas utility is in my name a requirement for renting this is not my personal property and will not incur cost of repair that I may or may not get reimbursed. And I say this based upon the fact that I as part of lease pay all utilities on the property however, AH4R has managed to find a charge that is being passed on to me which they call Sewer and I pay sewer with city utility. They refuse to reimburse this and say it is a split charge from the city for sewer leakage that is then passed on to renter. I content that this is not renter issue as renter is paying the sewer charges per city monthly billing.
Basement leaks when it rains causing standing water in basement, reported this and that I would not be happy of stored items would be damaged was told that unfinished basement is a "conditional" space and that I should not store my stuff there - most ppl use unfinished basements as storage area. I can suppose that now I am supposed to rent storage unit in addition to my rent for storage of my items not being used. Conclusion, I am paying rent for 3 unusable items/areas advertised as functioning/usable. AH4R refuses to adjust rent for features not usable or for double sewer charges so, no I will not personally incur charges that I may never see.
There is an infestation of pharaoh ants, carpenter ants/termites, wasps that enter house from a storage off of a bedroom, another bedroom has heavy smoke smell like either prior tenants/owners were heavy smokers in that room or there is a smoldering fire in or around bedroom. I have been told that these are not to be looked at.
Each time that they do authorized someone to come look at issues I have reported I have to lose a minimum of 2 days work with with my profession if I do not work I do not get paid and this can be substantial, this is unacceptable.DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Read comment too many to list
- Lack of intergrity
- Poor service
- Bougus charges and the huge increases to renew
- Paying rent made difficult with additional new charges
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "TR REALTY LAS VEGAS NEVADA. Bradford Roberts writes fake reviews for himself on zillow. What a ***. His agents litigate with clients and he encourages that. He pays yelp to..."
- "Horrible rental company I rented a home in Simpsonville SC in March and my AC unit doesnt work. It is 84 degrees and I have small kids and 1 has asthma...."
- "1,600 rent to live in the ghetto. Don't let them fool you. They show you the 'Model' apt. On the nice side of the property. They will tell you..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Flowers delivered when they should have been on Valentines day, the only problem, it was nothing like the picture. While I realise that flowers are individual and no two bouquets..."
- "Little Caesars 1113- C Silas Creek Pkwy Winston- Salem, NC. 336- 750- 0888 is Consistantly rude from order to pickup. On top of that they served raw dough for their..."
- "Person said, they were in the military and had to sell the motorcycle fast for they were about to deploy over seas. The ad was for 1500, so I offered..."