I have had numerous issues with rental home I rented through AH4R.I rented home which was advertised to have features such as gas fireplace/outside lamp in working order, unfinished basement where I thought I could store items not being used.
Gas lamp/fireplace do not work AH4R expects me to incur the cost of fixing this as the gas utility is in my name a requirement for renting this is not my personal property and will not incur cost of repair that I may or may not get reimbursed. And I say this based upon the fact that I as part of lease pay all utilities on the property however, AH4R has managed to find a charge that is being passed on to me which they call Sewer and I pay sewer with city utility. They refuse to reimburse this and say it is a split charge from the city for sewer leakage that is then passed on to renter. I content that this is not renter issue as renter is paying the sewer charges per city monthly billing.
Basement leaks when it rains causing standing water in basement, reported this and that I would not be happy of stored items would be damaged was told that unfinished basement is a "conditional" space and that I should not store my stuff there - most ppl use unfinished basements as storage area. I can suppose that now I am supposed to rent storage unit in addition to my rent for storage of my items not being used. Conclusion, I am paying rent for 3 unusable items/areas advertised as functioning/usable. AH4R refuses to adjust rent for features not usable or for double sewer charges so, no I will not personally incur charges that I may never see.
There is an infestation of pharaoh ants, carpenter ants/termites, wasps that enter house from a storage off of a bedroom, another bedroom has heavy smoke smell like either prior tenants/owners were heavy smokers in that room or there is a smoldering fire in or around bedroom. I have been told that these are not to be looked at.
Each time that they do authorized someone to come look at issues I have reported I have to lose a minimum of 2 days work with with my profession if I do not work I do not get paid and this can be substantial, this is unacceptable.DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Read comment too many to list
- Lack of intergrity
- Poor service
- Bougus charges and the huge increases to renew
- Paying rent made difficult with additional new charges
You May Also Like
- "HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE- AMERICAN HOMES FOR RENT IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY AND WE ARE MOVING OUT- check out the paint job in the house we rent for $1535-..."
- "well it started in September when i moved in, being a new tenant i usually kept to myself didn't talk to any of the neighbors and just worked came home..."
- "Hands down, the worst living situation we have ever been in- and we have been in pretty awful living situations, having been young, poor, and in student debt. I..."
- " Recently walked in with pre-existing knowledge of EXACTLY what I wanted from this location. I chose a sectional set, a queen bed set, and dinette set. Pretty nice haul. When..."
- "I am currently sitting in a Bojangles on NW Blvd in Winston-Salem NC. We just left church and stopped here like always. There are so many honeless mwn..."
- "We hired a cleaning professional from the Thumbtack web site to clean our apartment on a regular basis as we have a new baby. The cleaning professional was initially..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it..."