989 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured
1.2

First they move me and my son into a home they knew had a black mold issued and just painted over it too re-rent it. wasn't until we got sick and they said they'd move us of course additional deposit to be paid but whatever.

I rented the home for a year notified them i was not renewing and gave them a move out date of May 31st an was actually out the 30th, not big deal. They now without details are keeping my deposit and charging me and extra $967 for repair beyond normal wear and tear, NO pictures to show of this but i have pictures of my move out that show the home was cleaner when i moved out than when i moved in.

I read reviews afterwards on BBB and find this is common for them to do too people and they need to be stopped. I just want my full $1715 deposit back

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVER EVER RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Explore video interviews

Comments

#2003932

Hi. I sympathize with your situation and would like you to consider these facts.

It takes time to call these corporate people but your biting the wrong end. Step #1 Go to Secretary of State site for the State of Incorporation and get names of registered owners and shareholders board of directors and send your gripe in writing to their names on fake “certified letter” like they did you! How? Stamp from Hobby Lolo or print neatly on outside and on inside on top right hand corner in CAPS.

CERTIFIED Step #2 Make sure to share with shareholders the black mold incident and their company’s “voluntary admission of guilty and associated resolution”, Tell them in a simple itemized statement for your major specific monetary losses ( additional deposit, [ie. rent in excess of your former rent (300x12=$3,600.00 ] non-reimbursed moving truck, movers (single working Mom is pertinent to your inability to move items without help) and slightly mention you want the medical expenses you paid even though you and your son cannot get your health back. IMPORTANT CC: Consumer Financial Protection Board on your “Certified” letter. Step #3 Go to Consumer Financial Protection Board site AKA “CFPB” and file a complaint for unscrupulous services (Rental Deposit Theft).

You can post pictures there too. If they cannot help by intervention they collect information from consumers and look at trends then try to alleviate those problems through contact with the company (NOT SPECIFIC TO YOU) and/or addressing legislation to assist consumers in same/similar situations. You will be pleading your case to the real hidden jury!

Disclaimer- I am not a lawyer; just a single older Mom who has been there! Good luck

#1994548

This company just tries to get money on the back end. Bottom feeder rental management company!!!!

#1993095

American home 4 rent purchase a forclosure home. I was rental from the man who lost the home.

Hud asks me if I want to stay in the home continually. Yes, American homes purchase the property site unseen they didn't do a walkthrough and in four years later. They want me to pay for a wall a, vent, American Home 4 rent are RIP off and have no shame. American homes4 rent want me to pay for a broken light bulb, and they sold the home, and they still had not replaced light bulb when they sold it in zillow.

These people are what you call predatory LandLord. They start slow and go crazy.

They will charge for you to cough good luck for a regular plumbing visit they charged you. Beware!

#1993168