1.5

Unfortunately, I live next door to an AH4R, property. Believe all the negative reviews about this company. I feel so badly for individuals that rent the home next to me. They all have the same story: rented home sight unseen; lured in by “no credit/low credit/voucher” promises; trusted seemingly “nice” agents willing to make requested repairs/accommodations.

The properties owned in my area by AH4R are “nice” on the outside (for the most part). They show well on realty websites. But beware, they are not what they seem.

For example, the home next to me was bought by AH4R at auction. It sustained hurricane damage in 2008, no repairs were ever made. All AH4R tenants in the home, have issued complaints about: a leaking roof, plumbing issues, damaged/non-working appliances, dirty/smelly/moldy carpets, ceilings and walls. I observed the home to be filthy upon move-in.

All the tenants “lost” their deposits upon lease termination. They incurred charges for miscellaneous repairs. They were billed for damages that were preexisting.

AH4R does not maintain the property. They are not a good neighbor. It is my opinion that this is not an honest company. It appears that they prey on the unsuspecting and novice renter, illegal immigrant families, and those that rely on vouchers. These are my observations. I don’t like crooks and cheats, or anyone that takes advantage of others.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Homes 4 Rent House Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 13.

Comments

Who are you and you are telling the truth? They are also tell lies worse then the DEVIL himself. The people that run there off on Richmond also lies and steals.-----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: It was my intent to type “legal immigrants”, as opposed to the term “illegal”, which appears in the review. My neighbors were legal residents.

Also, all information contained therein, was directly related to me by my neighbors.

I have included my own personal observations as well.It is my opinion that certain disreputable businesses target immigrant families, and those that they believe have more limited resources. They are deemed less likely to fight back, and this is wrong.