American Homes for Rent is the worse company I have ever dealt with. I rented a property from them for 2 years.

During the time I lived at the property there was a major windstorm that tore down the fence it took them over a month to service the request and instead of them replacing the fence they had someone come out to put the broken fence back up and I was told that wasn't the first time they had done that with that same fence and not sure why they just want replace the fence. After I moved out they have torn down the fence. When I moved out I had the carpet cleaned, and cleaned the house from top to bottom looking move-in ready for the next tenant. Not to mention I had to put down a $1700 deposit when I moved in but when they sent my deposit refund 30 days after I moved out it was only for $174.

They charged for things they should be taken care of as being the property manager but expected me to do it. Such as fixing the breaker box, shower enveloped, hvac, electrical outlets that were never working, replacing every light bulb in the house, etc.... But all the ridiculous charges were not on the checklist to be completed upon move out and the lease agreement did not state that either. They ask for tax id#'s for the companies they preformed the work which is STUPID!!!!

Not to the mention the people I have dealt with thus far are unprofessional. I've done research and they have over 800 BBB complaints against them and I have yet to see one good review about their company. Overall American Homes for Rent are most definitely a scam. Do not settle for this company even if they were the last company standing.

You will not get treated fairly at all.

They are money hungry individuals!!!!! If you decide to rent from them all I can say is "GOOD LUCK!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Homes 4 Rent Property Rental.

Reason of review: ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE.....

I liked: How i was treated before move in.

I didn't like: Unprofessionalism and being money hungry.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 20, 2017.

Comments