153 views
Verified Reviewer

After moving out on 12/31/2020 leaving the house clean and with a few light bulbs out, I was charged rent for the whole month of January 2021 when they had the keys to the house on 1/1/2021 and I no longer had access! Then also had another tenant in the house before the month was over!

Also, I was charged for damages I did NOT make but were there when I moved in. I took photos when I moved in and emailed them to the property manager and took photos when I moved out. AH4R mailed me another tenant's damages claiming my deposit about 25 days after my move out. I let them know those damages were not mine.

Then they sent me some pictures of damages of the property over a week later. I disputed them, and they rejected the dispute and decided the charges will stand even though I had proof! I was shocked, I always get my deposit back when I move out of a home because of how I clean the home! This is the first and I only lived there for 1 year!

Those damages were damages that were there already. There was a picture of a damaged window with black frame and my frames were white!!! Lies all lies! I am currently seeking legal advice with an attorney and Action News because they need to stop this bad behavior!

People are suffering because of the Pandemic with a loss of income, and they are cheating people out of their money! I can't afford this! You take my deposit of $1750.00 and say I owe you nearly $3000.00 MORE! They have you rate them 5 stars during the move in process but after this I went to their website reviews and notice this didn't just happen to me.

It's a normal thing for American Homes 4 Rent. Who will stop this unjust bad behavior???

I will make it my life mission to let everyone know about this poor company! AVOID THIS COMPANY!

User's recommendation: BeWare of AH4R! Do NOT rent property from them! Read all reviews!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Homes 4 Rent Property Manager.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

#2000389

Renting from them now !!!!! A nightmare ..

just received rate increase ... when I moved into this house the frig fell over on me because it was not balanced ...

no air in half the downstairs ... DONT RENT FROM AMERICA HOMES FOR RENT